Application for 2022 AVAC Advocacy Fellows Program is ongoing!
The AVAC Advocacy Fellows Program fosters a network of deeply knowledgeable, skilled, and assured advocates to bolster and make bigger advocacy for HIV prevention domestically, regionally, and globally. Their voices accelerate ethical research and equitable access to interventions, and their oversight needs accountability so that interventions that paintings attain people who need them maximum
To apply correctly, kindly study through this piece to analyze the overall information about this program- the eligibility criteria, necessities, software closing date, and greater. The table under will come up with an outline of what you must assume.
About AVAC Advocacy Fellows Program
AVAC’s Advocacy Fellows Program released in 2009. It is designed to support emerging and mid-profession advocates to design and implement advocacy projects focused on HIV prevention in their countries and communities. In addition to this awareness on HIV, Fellows’ mission goals may additionally comprise a focal point on broader fitness equity, structural issues, and/or TB or COVID-19 prevention.
Advocacy Fellows carry out their initiatives even as based at Host Organizations that function lively companions in the Fellows Program system. AVAC affords technical and financial support to Fellows—each revenue and undertaking price range—at some point of the Fellow duration (April 2022 – September 2023).
The Advocacy Fellows Program will run for 18 months, from April 2022 via September 2023.
AVAC Advocacy Fellows Program- Eligibility
- Emerging or mid-career network leaders and advocates interested by strengthening advocacy competencies and advocating for HIV prevention. While the primary attention is on HIV biomedical prevention interventions, applicants also can include advocacy that includes COVID-19 prevention.
- Individuals with revel in or schooling in HIV and/or COVID-19 or different areas of public health, or in advocacy for key populations, along with intercourse workers, LGBTQ people and drug customers, among others, or in advocacy for social and monetary justice.
- Individuals primarily based in low- and center-income nations with high HIV burdens and wherein HIV prevention studies is ongoing or where new interventions are being introduced. To see where HIV studies and rollout is being carried out, visit the Prevention & Research database and the Trial Map. Please word that for 2022 fellowships, the priority recognition is on eastern and southern Africa.
- Those gifted in the English language.
- Those capable of display focus of ongoing HIV or COVID-19 prevention in respective international locations and a willingness to examine extra, even though considerable expertise isn’t always required. They have to additionally offer a strategic analysis of ways to persuade local landscapes.
AVAC Advocacy Fellows Program- Benefits
- Knowledge constructing, technical help, mentorship and advocacy improvement to put in force initiatives that improve HIV prevention, and might additionally address COVID-19 prevention and the structural elements that drive epidemics and pandemics. Both Advocacy Fellows and their Host Organizations benefit these advantages.
- Connection to a worldwide community of advocates, which includes modern and alumni AVAC Fellows, researchers, implementers, government representatives, civil society leaders and different people and corporations inside the area of health and rights.
- Financial support for project implementation over twelve months. Through a supply to the Host enterprise, the Fellow will acquire full-time salary support, a budget for venture execution and access to a discretionary fund for unique journey, infrastructure desires, and information generation (IT) desires.
- Overhead management funding to the Host Organization to cover charges associated with web hosting a Fellow can be covered in the supply.
- Overhead prices incurred by way of the employer to administer the furnish talk over with expenses that are not directly attributed to the activity of the Fellows’ project. Examples consist of: a portion of hire, telephone, and some personnel charges of the Host Organization inclusive of the Host
- Supervisor’s time, accounting and administrative personnel time. Overhead costs are calculated at 15 percentage of the total provide for indirect expenses and an additional 10 percent particularly allocated for supervision and mentorship support.
- Increased skillset, consisting of communications, challenge management, research literacy, advocacy and convening
Click on the BUTTON underneath to use.
The closing date for this award software access is 12 October
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage
We Also Recommend
We desire this writing furnished your scholarship necessities. Please proportion together with your friends and go away your query or response inside the remark box. We will attend to you right away.