Application for the 2021-2022 Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund is ongoing!
RSIF ambitions to educate nice PhD students and put up-doctoral researchers at selected African universities (‘African Host Universities’) to cope with the human resource gap of noticeably certified specialists within the fields of applied sciences, engineering, and generation (ASET) and to make contributions to improving studies and innovation capacities in the ones fields in SSA.
To apply correctly, kindly study through this piece to learn the whole details about this application- the eligibility criteria, necessities, utility cut-off date, and extra. The table underneath will give you an overview of what you need to expect.
About the Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund
The Partnership for abilties in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (PASET) is an African-led initiative with the goal of strengthening competencies within the Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology to similarly socio-economic transformation in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is the flagship software of PASET. RSIF makes a speciality of transformative technology that have a miles-reaching fine impact on society. It is funded via African governments, the European Commission, the World Bank and the Government of Korea and facilitated with the aid of the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) in Nairobi, Kenya.
RSIF supports training, research and innovation in 5 PASET Priority Thematic Areas: (1) ICT such as huge information and synthetic intelligence, (2) Food safety and agri-enterprise, (3) Minerals, mining and substances engineering, (four) Energy inclusive of renewables and (five) Climate trade.
Who is eligible for the Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund?
To be eligible for a RSIF PhD Scholarship, candidates need to:
- Have a applicable master’s degree in one of the fields of observe.
- Meet the precise admission requirements of the RSIF African Host University wherein they would love to pursue a PhD (see Link to the AHU PhD packages)
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan Africa united states.
- Preference will be given to applicants who’re 35 years of age and below.
- Be willing to sign up complete-time in a PhD software at an RSIF African Host University inside the 2021-2022 academic yr.
- Should not be keeping any other PhD scholarship, or presently be enrolled in any PhD Program whilst making use of to the RSIF PhD scholarship.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ research placement at an worldwide companion institute.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the Priority Thematic Areas and make contributions to Africa’s development.
- Undergraduate or Graduate
- Applicants have to put up scores of the subsequent English language skillability exams:IELTS – 6.Zero
- TOEFL IBT – 78
- TOLIMO – six hundred
- FCE – 169
Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund- Benefits:
- The RSIF PhD Scholarship covers college tuition and related expenses, aggressive stipend to
cowl residing costs, travel, health insurance, and research charges.
- Graduates could have get entry to to RSIF competitive research offers upon completion in their PhD.
How to apply for the Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund
Applications are common through this on line utility platform: Applications submitted by using email or in hardcopy will not be well-known.
Deadline for submission:
The application closing date for this award is thirtieth September 2021 at five:00 pm (East Africa Time; UTC+three)
Please cope with any inquiries to: [email protected]
Click on the BUTTON beneath to apply.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage
We Also Recommend
We desire this writing furnished your scholarship requirements. Please share together with your buddies and leave your query or response inside the comment box. We will attend to you straight away.