Application for Ufahamu Africa Non-Resident Fellowship 2021 is ongoing!
Ufahamu Africa invitations researchers, newshounds, practitioners, and podcasters interested by contributing to content material advent and dissemination of cutting-edge evaluation and vital narratives approximately life and politics at the continent to apply for a ten-month non-resident fellowship. The fellowship will run among September 2021 and May 2022.
Selected fellows could have the possibility to visitor host podcast episodes, identify future guests and subject matters, create partnerships with other content material producers and disseminators, and construct their studies and partnership networks.
To apply effectively, kindly read thru this piece to analyze the total information about this application- the eligibility criteria, necessities, utility cut-off date, and extra. The desk below will come up with an outline of what you must anticipate.
About the Fellowship
The Ufahamu Africa non-resident fellows can be engaged remotely for ten months to provide the equal of five unmarried- or twin-language podcast episodes. Fellows can also be asked to sign up for the editorial crew to form season 6 content material, dissemination ideas, mashup partnerships, and other podcast production selections.
Fellows will get hold of a stipend to help their internet information prices and their time spent at the fellowship of $three,500 USD. Ufahamu Africa non-resident fellows will be considered contributors of the production crew and can be invited to attend applicable conferences (African Studies Association, Working Group on African Political Economy, others) as possible with cutting-edge travel regulations. Through those networks, fellows will have access to annual studies provide competitions, online and in-person convenings, education workshops, and more.
We will invite the non-resident fellows to give their personal paintings at our respective host universities—Cornell University and the University of California, Riverside—whether or not in man or woman or clearly. This will in addition facilitate a meeting and collaboration with faculty and college students in multiple academic departments and participating in broader research-public engagement-media tasks.
Who is eligible for Ufahamu Africa Non-Resident Fellowship?
- Have experience with studies and/or media dissemination to general publics.
- Demonstrate dedication to open-get admission to information dissemination.
- Demonstrate a dedication to and enjoy with attractive widespread publics, policy-makers, researchers on subjects associated with life and politics on the continent.
- Be laptop literate, fluent in English, and a strong public speaker.
- Demonstrate a dedication to building the capability of African research establishments/universities/ media facilities and newshounds.
- Submit a clear and revolutionary studies idea.
African nationals, pupils, newshounds, or content creators based in Africa and woman candidates are strongly advocated to apply. Team proposals are welcome. Familiarity with the Ufahamu Africa podcast or podcasting, in preferred, is desired. A total of four fellows (or teams) might be accepted on this RFA, for a fellowship starting September 2021.
How to apply for Ufahamu Africa Non-Resident Fellowship
Submit your application materials with the aid of emailing them to us at [email protected] You will need to offer the following materials.
#1. One-page private declaration
- Please describe your non-public motivations for applying to the Ufahamu Africa non-resident fellowship. Of all fellowships to be had to you, why are you specially interested by this one? What do you hope to accomplish at some stage in the ten months and beyond?
- Please also touch upon your capability to commit to the workload of the fellowship and how this may fit into your present day commitments. If you are applying as part of a group, describe the crew dynamics and the way so that it will facilitate content advent and contribution to the podcast.
#2. Curriculum vitae/resume
Podcast idea (two pages)
- What kind of podcast episodes do you believe creating? How would you ensure a variety of thinkers, ideas, voices, and testimonies? What are your thoughts for disseminating to applicable networks?
- If you would like to supply simultaneous episodes in English and every other language, what plans could you need to accomplish that and/or what helps could you need to accomplish that?
- Please encompass what problems or questions you’re making plans to deal with, what contributions to getting to know they may make, what target populations you envision, and any translation into instructional merchandise, public policy, or different results that may be viable enduring outputs.
#3. Voice notice
Please post an audio recording that exemplifies the sorts of content material you may or want to create.
Optional: You might also attach one audio report or other relevant paintings of public media or public-going through research.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage
Ufahamu Africa Non-Resident Fellowship- Application Deadline
The software deadline is 5p.M. (GMT) on August 31, 2021.
We Also Recommend
We wish this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please proportion with your pals and leave your question or response within the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.