World Scholarship discussion board is at its best to bring you up to speed with the modern happenings. This is happenings close to take a look at at SLCC college/Salt Lake Community College.
You won’t realize the secrets on the way to relaxed SLCC admissions to Study at the university if you don’t take note of the strains on the end of the submit. In this writing, we shall talk Slcc lessons: Scholarships, attractiveness price, and Cost of Living.
Notwithstanding, the task of the SLCC university is to serve the humans of the salt lake network. And also the sector thru preeminence in creating, communicating, keeping and making use of understanding. Also, brought with art, educational values, growing leaders and residents who will mission the existing and improve the destiny.
Salt Lake Community College Tuition: Scholarship, Acceptance Rate & Cost of Living
The Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is a public network college in Salt Lake County, Utah. It is the biggest kingdom college for two years with the maximum numerous college students. Serves extra than 60,000 college students on 10 campuses, in addition to through on-line training. The college has a student to trainer ratio of 20:1.
Since SLCC is a community college, it makes a speciality of the university degrees that students can switch to another four-year university in the nation to fulfill the necessities of the first years of obtaining. Bachelor SLCC has an open document and serves the area people, with almost ninety five% of students taken into consideration Utah citizens.
Although the university does no longer provide certificates for four years at once, college officials paintings with different better schooling establishments within the nation. This is to forge partnerships between extraordinary faculties and ensure that credits are transferable.
Salt Lake Community College has partnered with selected institutions for four years to provide possibilities for college kids to complete their bachelor’s diploma whilst staying at one of the SLCC faculties.
However, public education credits can be transferred to any 4-yr school in Utah, along with Utah State University. Also, together with different pertaining to universities which includes; the University of Utah, Utah valley college and personal faculties such as Brigham Young University and the University of Westminster.
Salt Lake Community College Tuition in 2021
This college undergoes most effective an Undergraduate diploma software.
Undergraduate Slcc Tuition
Salt Lake network college tuitions are $3,319 in keeping with 12 months for in-country citizens. SLCC training is 6% cheaper than the countrywide common of two-year training of $3532. The fee is sixty eight% inexpensive than the common Utah Slcc tuition of $1,023 for 2-year colleges.
Education ranks third in Utah amongst second-12 months colleges in terms of affordability and ranks 7th most of the most highly-priced schools within the state.
If the help is out of state, the fee of registration is $11,558, which represents a top class of 248%. The school prices an additional rate of $462 plus Slcc tuition prices, bringing the overall actual nation training to $three,781.For citizens of the state.
Education ranks third in Utah among 2d-year schools in phrases of affordability and ranks seventh a few of the most high priced schools within the country.
If the help is out of nation, the value of registration is $eleven,558, which represents a top rate of 248%. The college fees an additional rate of $462 plus tuition fees, bringing the entire actual Slcc lessons to $3,781.
Slcc University Housing Costs
Salt Lake Community College doesn’t provide on-campus housing. If you’re no longer living with a family you will want to finances for meals and housing within the Salt Lake City area similar to you would for a college with dorms. The estimated lease and meal expense in step with academic 12 months for off-campus housing is $10,two hundred.
Slcc University Books and Supplies
The estimated annual cost for books and supplies is worth $1,three hundred.
Other Living Expenses
Off-campus students ought to price range for $3,750 in other miscellaneous residing charges.
The overall Slcc training and living expense finances for in-state Utah citizens is worth $19,031 for the 2021 academic year. Out-of-state students who don’t have Utah residence can expect a 365 days value of $27,270.
Students residing at home with dad and mom presenting meals and housing ought to budget a total price of $eight,831.
|Utah Resident Total Budget (Living Off-Campus)||$19,031|
|In-State Slcc Tuition||$three,319|
|Other Slcc Tuition/Fees||$462|
|Off-Campus Housing Budget||$10,200|
|Off-Campus Other Budget||$3,750|
|Books and Supplies||$1,300|
|Utah Resident Total Budget (Living with Parents)||$8,831|
|In-State Slcc Tuition||$three,319|
|Other Slcc Tuition/Fees||$462|
|Family Provided Room and Board||$zero|
|With-Family Other Living Budget||$3,750|
|Books and Supplies||$1,three hundred|
What the Salt Lake Community College Really Costs
Depending on many factors consisting of student and parent profits and assets, the overall value of attendance may be much less than the $19,031 published charge if scholarship or grant resource is made to be had to you.
Salt Lake Community College Net Price
The internet out-of-pocket overall cost you emerge as paying or financing even though student loans is called the net price. The said Salt Lake Community College internet charge for in-kingdom students is $7,014* for the 2014/2015 instructional year. This internet charge includes housing and meal fees.
Pell Grants and different Grant Aid
sixty two% of college students at Salt Lake Community College received a supply within the preceding years. The average amount of useful resource became worth $4,273. 57 percent of the students acquired help in the shape of a supply from Bill from the federal authorities of the United States.
Also, the common Pell Grant provided the preceding years changed into really worth $4,409. To observe for the Bell Scholarship to wait Salt Lake Community College, step one is to finish a loose software for federal pupil aid (FAFSA).
Cost of Slcc university Degree
Being a school providing -12 months packages, prospective students need to do not forget the multi year outlay while budgeting the cost for 2 years at Salt Lake Community College.
Estimated 2 Year Cost at Published Tuition
According to modern posted prices, the full price of Slcc training and estimated residing prices for a two-12 months fellowship at Salt Lake Community College is really worth $38,062 for students graduating on a normal foundation.
However, this methodology for estimating the cost of two years is a right away multiplier of the most recent annual cost and does not remember increases in enrollment at some stage in your faculty stay. You additionally do not receive any scholarship or scholarship and pay for the complete list.
A potentially extra correct however much less conservative estimate of a diploma cost may be made by the usage of the college’s annual $6,785 in-country net rate as the idea. Applying this cost over 2 might estimate the cost of a diploma at $thirteen,570.
Other Slcc University Cost
Estimated Cost Per Semester
Most colleges don’t price college students on an annual basis but as an alternative require fee semester by way of semester. If you ever need to take a further semester of instructions to complete your diploma you shouldn’t should pay for a complete educational 12 months. These are expected expenses for a semester at Salt Lake Community College.
|Utah Resident Tuition Per Semester||$1,660|
|Utah Resident Total Cost Per Semester||$nine,516|
|Non-Utah Resident Tuition Per Semester||$5,779|
|Non-Utah Resident Total Cost Per Semester||$thirteen,635|
Cost Per Credit Hour and Cost for a Class
Some colleges also offer the opportunity of taking individual lessons with the aid of credit score hours. The charge referred to according to credit hour and the expected cost of a class at Salt Lake Community College are as follows. Credit expenses are for reference best because many faculties do now not allow students to pay for credit hours.
|Price in keeping with credit hour for Utah residents||$138|
|Cost for one elegance for Utah citizens (three credit score hours)||$414|
|Price in step with credit hour for out of country residents||$481|
|Cost for one magnificence for out of kingdom citizens (three credit hours)||$1,443|
|Cost for one elegance for out of country residents (4 credit score hours)||$1,924|
Student Loans and Debt
The 2nd consideration after knowledge the cost of the college is to determine how it’s far funded. Although Some college students are lucky because they have a few form of monetary aid to the family, student loans finally emerge as investment a big part of better training inside the United States. U.S. 25% of Salt Lake Community College college students acquire federal loans for American college students. The U.S. From $3638.
A $50.00 late payment rate may be taken to all student accounts that are but to pay their training and costs.
International students gets an additional $40.00 administrative charge per semester.
It is comprehensible that buying university can be difficult. That is why Slcc college is glad to announce its providing of thousands of bucks in scholar scholarships each year. The University also gives a chain of Slcc scholarships every yr, which is indexed beneath.
How to Apply for the Slcc Scholarships
- Visit our online scholarship software site.
- Click “Sign in with Your School Account”.
- Use your MySLCC username and password to sign in.
- Complete and put up the General Application.
- Complete any comply with-up objects listed at the Dashboard.
- Check your BruinMail and go to the scholarship utility website online for updates at the repute of your scholarships.
Non-Institutional Slcc Scholarship
The cause of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship is to train students approximately the types of economic help available. As a part of this training, the Office allows students complete the unfastened utility of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and inform them of the requirements for retaining economic assistance.
These additionally encompass retaining best development, finishing lessons in a well timed way and keeping the pace of graduation in the regular time frame. In addition, college students can perceive resources of investment other than Title IV, consisting of scholarships, lessons exemption applications, and SLCC.
FINANCIAL AID IN 8 STEPS
- The scholar applies on-line using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Go to FAFSA
- Enter SLCC Federal School Code: 005220
- Use IRS Data Retrieval Tool when possible
- SLCC Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships (OFAS) receives FAFSA records and requests information.
- Monitor your BruinMail account for emails from the OFAS
- Requested records also can be determined on MySLCC
- The student submits asked records to the OFAS.
- Submit information at one time and make certain name and pupil wide variety are on each web page
- Submit office work with the aid of priority dates:
- Fall Priority Date – April 15
- Spring Priority Date – November 1
- Summer Priority Date – April 1 Late applications could be processed but aid may not be equipped by way of the beginning of the semester.
- SLCC OFAS reviews the facts and corrects FAFSA records, if essential.
- Corrections will be processed thru the federal processor
- The scholar waits for records to be reviewed
- May take 2-6 weeks relying on the number of files being reviewed
- SLCC OFAS determines eligibility for aid and sends an award notification electronic mail.
- Monitor your SLCC electronic mail account for emails from the OFAS.
- The student also critiques award notification email and whole all necessities for awards they wish to just accept.
- Loans require attractiveness, loan entrance counseling, and a promissory word
- SLCC Promise calls for acceptance.
- The student may additionally installation direct deposit refunds in SLCCPay+, which is the quickest refund alternative. If you do not set up direct deposit, your requested funds will be by using check for your modern mailing address.
- SLCC OFAS transfers resource to the Cashiers Office about 5 operating days before the semester starts offevolved.
- Students ought to be enrolled, making progress and meet all resource requirements
- If the quantity of your useful resource exceeds your invoice, you’ll be eligible for a refund.
Incoming Freshmen Slcc Scholarships
Incoming Freshmen Scholarships are for college students who may be graduating from excessive faculty or earning a GED in 2021. (2021 awards have already been made), or for those who’ve no longer formerly taken university guides and will no longer be taking a college direction on campus till Fall 2021 (lower back missionaries, new adult novices, etc).
Also word that packages might be open: November 15, 2020 – February 1, 2021. However, to apply, please comply with the “How to Apply” commands on the Slcc scholarship utility link to take advantage of all SLCC Scholarship possibilities.
Funded by means of the SLCC Foundation, this provide is provided commonly on the basis of educational excellence. Also, with a cumulative minimum charge of three.8 in excessive college, contemplating also leadership and network carrier and honoring awards. The preference may be very aggressive.
However, Full-time college students (12 credit hours) have to be enrolled in every semester to receive this grant. This provide is renewable for a 2d year if the student continues a minimum of three.7 GPA in SLCC. This supply covers lessons, primary pupil costs and $ 350 per ebook per semester.
HONORS AT ENTRANCE
This exemption is granted for twelve months on the cumulative GPA (minimal three.Five). Test results are but now not taken into account. Students should sign up at the least three/4 instances (9 credit hours) in line with semester to get hold of this waiver of training prices.
Recipients should be residents of Utah or permanent residents who can show their criminal popularity. This lessons exemption covers simplest the value of education. Student and direction expenses may be student obligation.
FOUNDATION FRESHMEN GENERAL
Funded with the aid of C. Scott & Dorothy E. Watkins Family Foundation, this one-12 months award is primarily based on the cumulative secondary school (minimal three.0) and the nice of articles required for the general utility.
Students should enroll as a minimum 1/2 the time (6 credit hours) in step with semester to receive this grant. This supply additionally covers tuition and primary student expenses.
Funded by way of the Abraham Markosian Scholarship Endowment, this award is designed for graduates from a Utah Alternative High School (Horizonte, Valley, Granite Peaks, Entrada, and so forth.).
It is likewise primarily based on grades acquired particularly at some point of the final yr of high college (minimum GPA of 2.0). Students ought to be enrolled at the least half-time (6 credit score hours) to acquire this scholarship.
Renewable for a 2d year if students maintain a minimal 2.Zero GPA. This Slcc scholarship also covers lessons and primary pupil charges.
The instructor recruitment grant is designed to guide various high college graduates from the Caniz, Davis, Granit, Jordan and Salt Lake colleges who desire to turn out to be teachers.
The aim of the instructor recruitment grant is to boom the ethnic range of teachers in Wasatch Front schools. Beneficiaries can be advocated to return to their communities as leaders and mentors for future generations after completing their education.
However, the scholarship will cover the fee of complete-time training (provided through Salt Lake Community College), and as much as $500.00 according to year for books and expenses (supplied by way of the school districts).
Each scholarship could be renewable for a second yr at Salt Lake Community College, provided the scholar meets all essential necessities.
STUDENT INVOLVEMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Salt Lake Community College has a selection of participation possibilities to help you develop your leadership skills on campus and inside the community.
With awards starting from $2,000 to $4,000 in keeping with yr, these scholarships are provided primarily based on management revel in in high school and/or network sports (grades 10-12), with some attention paid to instructional overall performance.
However, recipients of those 30+ awards will participate in one of the following 4 programs:
- Presidential Leadership (Student Life & Leadership board individuals)
- Peer Action Leaders (Department associated & college-extensive tasks & sports)
- SLICE: Student Leaders in Civic Engagement (AmeriCorps service getting to know possibilities)
- Ambassadors (Student recruitment with Admissions Office).
Positions require students to commit about 10 hours weekly to their Student Involvement duties. Some summer education, consisting of a required retreat in August, is likewise required of students amongst other possibilities throughout the yr.
These scholarships require complete-time enrollment (12 hours or greater) each semester, with the opportunity to be worried for two complete years. Applicants need to have a 2.5 GPA.
CONTINUING STUDENT OF SLCC SCHOLARSHIPS
Continuing Student Scholarships are typically for individuals who are presently enrolled at SLCC, are switch students, or are returning to university.
There are over eighty scholarship opportunities at SLCC University, however below you will find highlights of only a few. Pay close attention to whilst the packages are open for the semesters you’re inquisitive about applying.
CONTINUING STUDENT TUITION WAIVER
This exemption is granted for three hundred and sixty five days for cutting-edge college students at SLCC University or for students who have completed at least nine hours of college credit score.
Awards based totally on a cumulative price calculated is calculated the use of the cumulative fee collectors (at the least three.Five) and the number of credits obtained or transferred from the fall of the preceding college students.
This have to document at least 3/four of the time (nine credit hours) every semester to acquire the exemption from registration.
Recipients need to be citizens of Utah or everlasting residents who can prove their prison popularity. This training exemption covers simplest the value of schooling. Student and path prices will be scholar obligation.
The Bruin Dreams provide is a special furnish thanks to beneficiant donations from college, staff, college students and participants of the Salt Lake community who dedicates their efforts to the educational achievement of unregistered students.
Also, Six to twelve prizes may be award to a collection of selected college students, with prizes ranging from $four hundred to $800 depending on the credit score burden.
The FJM Impact Fund is to aid SLCC students who want to improve and improve their lives and careers. Also, FJ believes that everybody ought to have the opportunity to wait faculty with out incurring a heavy economic burden.
All college students looking for university ranges (including FJ Management, Big West Oil, Maverik, Crystal Inns, and TAB Bank) are encouraged.
However, Students must be at least half time (6 credit score hours) each semester to acquire this scholarship. Applicants have to additionally agree to satisfy with an academic guide to create a degree plan leading to the of entirety of a credit score-bearing accomplice’s degree program at SLCC.
Continuing SLCC students must have a 3.0 GPA, at the same time as incoming inexperienced persons can have at the least of minimum 3.Five GPA from high faculty.
PEPSI GENERATION EXCELLENCE CASH AWARD
This Slcc scholarship awards one semester to present SLCC University college students or switch college students who complete as a minimum 12 hours of college credit or 25% SAT.
This provide can simplest get hold of as soon as all through the SLCC registration. If not decided on, you could put up a brand new request for every semester. These awards additionally variety from $300 to $500 depending at the credit burden.
PRESIDENTIAL LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
The Presidential Leadership Scholarship is a two-12 months application that includes:
- Tuition and scholar charge waiver
- $2 hundred e-book allowance according to yr
The scholarship is likewise awarded on the premise of management revel in in high school and/or community activities. Recipients of this award must be involved in SLCC’s Student Life and Leadership. Activities and education start in June and continue for the duration of the academic yr.
- complete-time enrollment of 12 credits or more
- 10 hours according to week within the workplace
- a continuing three.Zero GPA
- service involvement
CURTIS YOUNGMAN SCHOLARSHIP
After 37 years of coaching, directing and touching the lives of students at Salt Lake Community College, Curtis Youngman retired. The world is now quick, a precious and passionate teacher.
Those who have benefited from Curtis’ manual are liable for filling this gap. Also, they’ll create a fellowship on behalf of Curtis to continue to nurture.
And to additionally guide and encourage those who’ve chosen to pursue a profession in schooling so that they continue the spirit and passion of Curtis in teaching and influencing the lives of destiny generations.
Slcc University Degree
POSTSECONDARY AWARD, CERTIFICATE, OR DIPLOMA (LESS THAN 1 ACADEMIC YEAR) POSTSECONDARY AWARD, CERTIFICATE, OR DIPLOMA (AT LEAST 1 BUT LESS THAN 2 ACADEMIC YEARS) ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE
- Slcc University Majors
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science
- Airframe Mechanics and Aircraft Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Airline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew
- Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics, and Special Effects
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD
- Autobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician
- Biology Technician/Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
- Biology/Biological Sciences
- Building/Construction Site Management/Manager
- Business Administration and Management
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork
- Chemical Technology/Technician
- Civil Drafting and Civil Engineering CAD/CADD
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Engineering Technology/Technician
- The Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Machinist Technology/CNC Machinist
- Computer Science
- The Computer Software and Media Applications
- Computer Support Specialist
- The Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist
- Design and Visual Communications
- Diesel Mechanics Technology/Technician
- Digital Arts
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician
- Energy Management and Systems Technology/Technician
- English Language and Literature
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies
- Fashion/Apparel Design
- Funeral Service and Mortuary Science
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services
- General Studies
- Geographic Information Science and Cartography
- Geology/Earth Science
- Health Information/Medical Records Technology/Technician
- The Health Professions and Related Programs
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences
- The Health Unit Coordinator/Ward Clerk
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation, and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Humanities/Humanistic Studies
- Industrial Electronics Technology/Technician
- Industrial Radiologic Technology/Technician
- Instrumentation Technology/Technician
- Interior Design
- International/Global Studies
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal
- Machine Shop Technology/Assistant
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Technician
- Marketing/Marketing Management
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician
- Medical Insurance Specialist/Medical Biller
- Medical Office Management/Administration
- The Medical/Clinical Assistant
- Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology/Technician
- Physical Fitness Technician
- Physical Therapy Technician/Assistant
- Plumbing Technology/Plumber
- Political Science and Government
- Prepress/Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design
Slcc Admission Requirements
What are the necessities for admission to Salt Lake Community College and what considerations affect admission selections?
|Test Scores||Not relevant|
|High School GPA||Not relevant|
|High School Class Rank||Not relevant|
|Completion of the College Preparatory Program||Not relevant|
|Demonstration of Competencies||Not applicable|
|Credit for Life Experiences|
Does this text meet your immediate needs? If sure, go away us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box under. If no, leave a touch upon the remark container to specific your situation or ask the query and we can get again to you as soon as possible.