Well, the Global polymer academy is currently receiving programs For its 12th annual rubber band contest for younger buyers. Get an opportunity to stretch your imaginations and discover all you may do with polymer.
The Akron Global Polymer Academy, an outreach department of the College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron is website hosting its 9th annual Rubber Band Contest for younger inventors.
The opposition is open to full-time college students who are in grades 5-8 for the 2020-2021 academic years. Each year, college students in grades 5-8 are challenged to design and create a running invention/art work that includes at least 1 rubber band. Two grand prize winners, two runners ups, eight finalists, pinnacle 4 colleges in every division gets $1000, $800, $350 and $250 award quantity respectively.
The Rubber Band Contest turned into created in 2008 with the aid of the Akron Global Polymer Academy (an outreach department of the College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron) as a way of drawing students into the world of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) education through a fingers-on mastering revel in that emphasizes creativity, discovery, and innovation.
- This opposition is open to complete-time college students who’re in grades five-8 for the 2020-2021 school years.
- These college students must attend an accepted public or non-public faculty, charter school, or home school and have to live within the United States or U.S. Territories.
- Employees and their instant family members and/or the ones dwelling in the equal household of the Akron Global Polymer Academy and any and all Contest Sponsor(s) aren’t eligible.
- Winners and Runners-up from the previous years’ Rubber Band Competition are not eligible for access in the 2020-2021 Rubber Band Competition.
How to Apply:
For applying the contest, the applicants should down load and complete the access form via the given link:
Submit a written description of the discovery/artwork. This description should be well written in black or blue ink or typed. In your essay, you have to give the call of your invention/paintings and encompass the subsequent four paragraphs:
- Paragraph 1: What is your invention/art work and what’s its major reason?
- Paragraph 2: How does your invention paintings? Or describe your art work (style, meaning, and many others.)
- Paragraph 3: How does your invention/artwork use rubber bands?
- Paragraph four: Explain how you suspect human beings can advantage out of your invention/art work.
- Official Entry Form (required): Submit a neatly finished Official Entry Form
- Sketch of Invention (required only for Science & Engineering Division): Submit a drawing of your invention with a diagram of how it works. Hand drew or computer renderings are appropriate.
- Photograph (required): Submit at least 1 clear print best picture of your invention/artwork that shows(s) it in full view.
- Select a Division to compete in (required): Indicate in your entry shape whether or not your invention/artwork is to be judged inside the Arts & Leisure Division OR the Science & Engineering Division.
- Short 1–3 minute Video (optionally available): It isn’t always required, however you could also send a brief video file copied onto a CD or DVD that indicates us your entry and the way it works. This may be a further way to talk your concept to the judges.
You can mail the whole software packet to:
Akron Global Polymer Academy
Polymer Engineering Academic Center
Akron, Ohio 44325-0301
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- 2 Grand Prizes – Each department winner will get hold of the subsequent:
- $six hundred.00
- An engraved first-vicinity contest trophy.
- 2 Runner-Up Prizes – Each department runner-up will acquire the following:
- An engraved runner-up contest trophy.
- eight Finalist Prizes – Four finalist in every division who became now not decided on as a winner or runner-up will obtain: $a hundred and fifty.00
- The pinnacle 8 faculties with the most student entries will each receive a $250 donation
The utility should be submitted with the aid of March thirteen, 2022.