UNESCO Center for Peace, the U.N. Agency that brings grassroots projects in Education, Science, and Culture, invites teens around the world to participate in this yr’s Multimedia Competition. Unparalleled connectivity places teens in one of the best positions to deliver tons-needed trade to the world.
UNESCO’s task is to mobilize the optimism of adolescents to respond to an acute international hassle to serve others now. Last 12 months, influenced participants from over 65 nations submitted over six hundred initiatives on this exceptionally worthwhile contest.
Entrants ought to reply in English by creating a three-5 minute multimedia production, 500-seven-hundred word written essay, art work or another way that channels a selected ardour in answering the activate.
(Translations or subtitles for initiatives now not submitted in English do now not ought to be perfect.) Check the video above for a short video explaining the contest.
This 12 months’s prompt is – The global disaster of the developing number and determined state of affairs of refugees is one of the maximum pressing problems facing the world today. Document how this crisis affects your lifestyles and / or offer a comprehensive, viable approach to the problem.
Who can Participate?
- Youth round the sector in three age groups: juniors – a while 10-14; teenagers – a while 15-19; and young adult – a while 20-24
- Group submissions could be prevalent for non-essay tasks inside the identical age categories.
January 1 – March 1 (ending at 11:fifty nine March 1 Eastern Standard Time)
- Winners in every class will acquire a scholarship to the two-week Builders of the Universe camp in Maryland, USA. Group admissions will break up 1 scholarship among the entrants.
- All entrants will receive a digital thank-you letter from UNESCO Center for Peace for participating.
- There may be 10 semi-finalists for every age group who will obtain a certificates from the UNESCO Center for Peace.
- The winners in each age group may even acquire a certificates and an invite to UNESCO’s Builders-of-the-Universe Camp held in the course of the summer season of 2107 at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland, USA. If a group wins, there will be ONE scholarship provide in each age class. It could be divided between the wide variety of entrants consistent with organization.
- The invitation will include a scholarship for the camp rate, meals, and motels. Airfare isn’t always covered. There could be a unique ceremony held to recognize contest winners on the camp. In addition, the winners can be diagnosed and showcased in global occasions at some stage in the yr. This is a exceptional opportunity for youth to construct leadership competencies, attend a United Nations session, meet UN participants, excursion the White House/ Congressional Building, and meet like-minded teenagers from round the sector.
How to Submit your Work:
Step 1: Go to www.Unescousaorg.
Step 2: Fill out the 1-web page submission form.
- Review the contest phrases and conditions. In the form, paste the hyperlink in your mission. If as a way to now not paintings,
- touch YouthContest-at-unescousa.Org.
*Send questions to YouthContest-at-unescousa.Org. Put YOUTH CONTEST QUESTION in the challenge line.
- The paintings must be relevant to the question.
- Your paintings must be original with out a professional help.
- All contributors need to fill out the Submission Form and comply with the disclaimers.
- Please make sure your essay satisfies the subsequent formatting standards:
- Saved and submitted in pdf format
- 12 factor Times New Roman
- Double-spaced or 1.Five
- 1-inch margins
- 500-seven-hundred phrases in English
- For all projects that use outdoor resources, all resources MUST be indexed on the result in MLA layout. Do now not just offer a hyperlink. Projects that use outdoor fabric without bringing up the assets will NOT depend. That constitutes plagiarism.
- Videos should be among 3-five minutes.
- Images of 3-dimensional artwork could be well-known. Provide a 150-a hundred seventy five phrase rationalization in English of ways your paintings responds to the set off as part of your submission.
- 1 access consistent with man or woman
- 1 access according to institution for non-essays
- Agree to the phrases and conditions of the contest
- Announced on March 30
- Published at the UNESCO and USFUCA web sites
- Names in numerous newspapers, newsletters and press releases round the sector
- Projects have taken to UN officers by way of UNESCO Center for Peace President, Mr. Guy Djoken
Contest Starts: January 1
Judging: Feb 25 – March 25
Contest Deadline: March 1 (11:59 EST)
Winners Announced: March 30
Do You Accept Group Submissions?
Yes – for non-essays only in the identical age categories. One scholarship may be divided equally institution members if important.
Who are the Judges?
The international panel of judges may be selected and showcased at the legitimate internet site. These are expert adults with enjoy in academia, business, and/or the arts.