Studying at Springfield College is a superb way to start your career. The college offers a conducive learning surroundings for the students. Not most effective that, however additionally they deliver monetary resource in the shape of scholarships to students in want.
Springfield College is a personal, coeducational university placed in Springfield, Massachusetts. The institution gives undergraduate, publish-graduate, and doctoral tiers. Basketball turned into invented inside the college in 1891 by using Canadian graduate pupil James Naismith.
The university has a philosophy of “humanity” which calls for the education of the entire character (in spirit, mind, and frame) for management in provider to others. The College is authorized through the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Springfield College Courses
Springfield College gives bachelor’s tiers in extra than 40 majors, master’s levels in a spread of various fields, and doctoral applications in counseling psychology, bodily remedy, and physical training. The scholar-to-school member ratio is 15:1. The College is break up into five schools:
The School of Arts, Sciences, and Professional Studies; the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation; School of Health Sciences and Rehabilitation; the School of Professional and Continuing Studies; and the School of Social Work.
Springfield College Rankings
The school has a scholar populace of 3,621 Undergraduates and 1,441 Postgraduates. On rankings, the U.S & World Report ranked the university as 25th for satisfactory nearby Universities – North Region for 2018. The identical enterprise ranked the university 12th in a list of Best Value Schools for Regional Universities – North; and eightth for faculties with the best percentage of alumni enrolling in a graduate faculty in 2013.
Springfield College consists of one foremost campus, located in Springfield, Massachusetts, and eight campuses for its School of Professional and Continuing Studies in Boston, Massachusetts; Houston, Texas; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; St. Johnsbury, Vermont; Tustin, California; Tampa, Florida; and Wilmington, Delaware.
Springfield College Tuition and Cost of Living
The following is the fee time table for undergraduates and postgraduates examine for the 2021-2022 instructional consultation.
NEW FIRST-YEAR STUDENT AND TRANSFER RATES
|Room (Double Occupancy)||$7,040|
|Basic Meal Plan||$five,890|
|Total Direct Expenses||$52,235|
|Undergraduate Per Credit Cost||$1,one hundred sixty five|
Indirect Costs (anticipated)
|Books/Supplies (Cost varies by way of principal)||$1,one hundred|
|Personal Expense Allowance||$1,350|
|Total Indirect Costs||$3,350|
The meal plans encompass food in keeping with semester, as opposed to per week, affording students the ability to eat as they select. Unused meals could be lost at the give up of the semester, in preference to at the cease of the week. Costs cowl meal plans for each instructional semesters.
|Plan Name||Plan Cost/Per Year|
|All-Access Meal Plan + $a hundred and fifty Dining Dollars in line with semester ($three hundred Dining Dollars per year)||$7,110|
|224 Block Meal Plan (448 food per year) + $300 Dining Dollars consistent with semester ($six hundred Dining Dollars in line with year)||$five,890|
|one hundred sixty Block Meal Plan (320 meals in line with yr) + $three hundred Dining Dollars according to semester ($600 Dining Dollars in step with yr)||$4,430|
|eighty Block Meal Plan (one hundred sixty meals in line with yr) + $400 Dining Dollars consistent with semester ($800 Dining Dollars in step with year)|
Residence Hall Fees
|Change of Room Fee||$35|
|Key Replacement Residence Halls (lost)||$35|
|Key Replacement Off-campus Apartments (lost)||$35|
|Housing Cancellation Fee||N/A|
SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL AND CONTINUING STUDIES TUITION
The following schedule is for Master of Science in Human Services and Master of Business Administration with tuition of $five,760, on full-time Status of nine semester hours, and in step with credit score hour of $640. This is a dependable estimate for the other graduate program cost.
|Health insurance (Massachusetts campus most effective, in line with 12 months)||U/G $2,800
|Human offerings education assessment fee||$2 hundred|
|Late charge charge (see non-price coverage)||$seventy five|
|Payment plan fee (per semester)||$25|
|Portfolio price (charged to college students enrolled in Human Services and Portfolio Development courses)||$500|
|Returned check fee||$35|
|Transcript fee (official)||$7|
Scholarships and Aid
On common, Springfield College’s lessons fees and monetary useful resource package is $29,300, which bills for scholarships, offers, and loans. After the bundle is applied, the common fee—based on lessons, prices, and preferred room and board—is $22,935. Some resource programs may be more or much less than this quantity.
All undergraduate students are first of all considered for an academic/benefit scholarship when they’re evaluated for admission into Springfield College. These scholarships cowl Springfield College tuition expenses. Eligibility for academic scholarships is listed below. The scholarships are entirely for lessons, for a most of 4 years, and most effective for undergraduate ranges.
- Merit Scholarships
- Trustee Scholarship: Value is $22,000 according to yr ($88,000 over 4 years). Requires a Cumulative Weighted GPA of 3.2 or better.
- Presidential Scholarship: Value is $18,000 in line with yr ($72,000 over 4 years). Requires a Cumulative Weighted GPA of three.0 or higher.
- Dean Scholarship: Value is $15,000 consistent with year ($60,000 over 4 years). Requires a Cumulative Weighted GPA of 2.Five or higher
Students that don’t meet the criteria for a benefit scholarship Should check the:
- Director Award The price is $10,000 yearly ($forty,000 over 4 years). Requires a Cumulative Weighted GPA below a 2.5. Scholarship enhancements are possible if college students have new take a look at ratings or an improved 7th semester cumulative weighted GPA to submit to their admissions counselor.
- Legacy Award This is a one-time award of $2,000 upon access into Springfield College to any student whose brother, sister, discern, or grandparent (which includes stepfamily participants) obtained a degree from Springfield College or are presently enrolled as a degree-searching for scholar. Only one award is to be had to the pupil irrespective of the range of family individuals attending or formerly receiving tiers.
- Jesse L. Parks Scholarship This gives Full-tuition renewable scholarship consistent with 12 months to an academically qualified pupil with a demonstrated dedication to diversity and who lives in Springfield. Preference might be given to college students from underrepresented or various companies.
- William Beckett Teacher Preparation Scholarship This gives Full training and prices renewable scholarship to an academically qualified Springfield Public School student who, upon graduation, will go back to the equal district to teach. Preference can be given to students from underrepresented or various organizations.
- Say Yes Scholars This offers a constrained number of complete-lessons scholarships provided to academically qualified college students whose high colleges are affiliated with the Say Yes to Education Program.
- Couzelis Scholarship This is an annual undergraduate scholarship of $three,500 ($14,000 over 4 years/8 semesters) given to three students inside the entering first-yr magnificence each yr majoring in either Physical Education or Exercise Science. Preference might be given to students with validated financial need.
- YMCA Career Award This is awarded to select incoming first-yr students of promise who plan to make a profession in the YMCA and who’ve exemplified participation and leadership within the YMCA via their high faculty years.
Applying for Financial Aid
This system is for incoming first-year and switch college students.
- File the Free Application for Student Aid(FAFSA)
The FAFSA is the software for federal and kingdom-funded help. Students are advocated to file the FAFSA electronically here: https://fafsa.Gov/. If you pick not to put up your FAFSA on line, you can print and entire this PDF FAFSA form. List Springfield College federal code #002211 at the FAFSA.
- Begin your economic useful resource form earlier than being established for admission
File forms to satisfy the concern submitting date. Financial aid choices are issued handiest to college students who’ve been regularly occurring for admission. Students accepted after the economic useful resource priority date can be offered pending eligibility and availability of budget.
- Be organized for a potential verification request that can be made on a few programs Students will be notified via the Office of Financial Aid if they’re required to offer extra facts due to the verification manner. Students can take a look at for their required documents and forms on My Financial Aid via your PrideNET account here: https://pridenet.Springfield.Edu/ICS/
- Allow for ok mailing and processing time Complete the FAFSA at the least weeks previous to priority dates.
- Check your e mail for your financial useful resource award letter Please take delivery of or decline your awards on My Financial Aid through your PrideNet account.