Offers are up for the L’Oréal UNESCO Fellowship For Women in Science 2021. Applications are invited from proficient young African girls scientists to get hold of fellowship presents to pursue promising research tasks.
About UNESCO Fellowship for African Women in Science
Founded in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowships objectives to promote and inspire younger African girls in science. Its programs praise mounted girls scientists whose awesome achievements have contributed to the development of medical expertise and of its benefits to society and provide assist to promising young ladies who are already making substantial contributions in their scientific disciplines.
Fellowship is granted by using the L’Oréal Foundation and L’Oréal South Africa in partnership with the UNESCO Multi-Sectoral Office in Eastern Africa and the African Network of Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI).
Don’t pass over any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a brand new tab.
Level/Field of Study
This software identifies and rewards gifted young girl scientists in the area of Life Sciences (including biology, biochemistry, biophysics, genetics, body structure, neurosciences, biotechnologies, ecology, and ethology).
As well as, Physical Sciences (together with physics, chemistry, petroleum engineering, arithmetic, engineering sciences, information sciences, and earth and universe sciences).
This scholarship is hosted at Sub-Saharan African Universities.
South Africa, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau,
Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Níger, Nigeria, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tomé & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
€5,000 every could be granted to 12 African Ph.D. Students enrolled in an African University. €10,000 each can be granted to 2 African postdoctoral researchers- working in a laboratory or studies institute registered in one of the region’s nations.
Number of Fellowship
Every yr, the Program honors 14 gifted African girls (12 for document & 2 for Postdoc) for the quality of their studies and encourages them to pursue a wonderful profession in science in any Sub-Saharan African united states of america.
2 out of the 14 Fellowships, one at the doctorate and one on the publish-doctorate degree, might be given to South African girls working or reading in South Africa.
Eligibility for L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2021
Applicants ought to meet the subsequent fashionable criteria:
- Having received a Ph.D. Diploma in Life or Physical Sciences or pursuing studies main to a Ph.D. Diploma
- Having the nationality of a Sub-Saharan African u . S . A .
- Working in a Research Laboratory or Institution in one of the location’s international locations or being- enrolled in a doctoral application at a University in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Candidates must be no extra than forty years old by using the stop of the application length for- Ph.D. And now not more than forty five years for Post-doctoral.
Selection Criteria: The choice criteria of the candidate by way of the jury are the subsequent:
- The candidate’s excellent educational statistics (together with range, nice, and effect of the guides (effect factors to be submitted), convention displays, patents…)
- The scientific fine of the studies task
- The revolutionary nature and productivity of the studies and its potential application in technological know-how
- The ability of the candidate to communicate and promote sciences to a younger target market and to inspire younger African lady scientists.
- The candidate’s profession path
How to Apply for L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2021
Applications may be handiest made thru the online platform www.Fwis.Fr by the applicants themselves. An application is taken into consideration complete most effective if it consists of all documents under:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (which includes outreach activities among young people, tutoring, and so on.)
- Certified copies of the stages or latest diplomas-
- Proof of getting received a Ph.D. Degree for postdoctoral applicants-
- Proof of being enrolled in an African University for doctoral applicants-
- A targeted venture of a most of two pages, such as:
- The studies venture description
- The proposed use of the supply motivating the candidature with a few budget symptoms
- Letters of advice from the research supervisor and/or the director of the- medical institution wherein the studies project is carried or the Dean of the University underneath which the candidate is jogging her research
- The listing of guides and patents
Incomplete documents or received after the cut-off date for software, as well as candidatures that do not meet the requirements cited above, will no longer be taken into consideration.
L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2021 Application Deadline
The L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2020 Application closes on19th April 2020
Kindly click on the link beneath to follow the utility manner.