Applicants are invited to understand the possibility and observe for the Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund: Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London. This mission is only for citizens from any of the commonwealth nations.
Therefore if you are from Commonwealth countries, be excited to sink your tooth in this article due to the fact this can be the opportunity you have been looking for. Only eligible humans can be considered.
It was at the start founded because the Elizabeth R Broadcasting Fund in 1995 to make contributions to the development of broadcasting abilties inside the Commonwealth via a donation from Buckingham Palace. The donation got here from royalties from “Elizabeth R,” the 1992 BBC documentary that marked the 40th anniversary of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
The Fund has been playing an vital role in bringing collectively Commonwealth broadcasters through a program of tour presents and education opportunities for greater than two decades.
However, since the groundbreaking documentary, Elizabeth R, the media panorama has modified dramatically and the fund is now evolving to satisfy the demanding situations of the virtual media age.
The Thomson Foundation has been tasked with renaming and restarting the fund.
This is a sensible choice because the Foundation has been helping to raise the level of journalism and verbal exchange inside the international for over 55 years and has skilled journalists and media from all Commonwealth international locations.
More About the Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London 2021
Commonwealth Digital Challenge is hosted by using Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund In London.
If you are an international student and also you desire to take a look at within the UK, Check out the first-rate scholarships available for observe within the UK
Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund Contest is available for marketers from the Commonwealth nations.
Aside from the Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London, there are different scholarships available to international college students to look at overseas. You can check our scholarship with the aid of united states to get admission to all scholarships to be had.
- The typical winner may be invited to spend every week’s in depth examine of UK media organizations in London, with all fees paid, in the course of the week of the Commonwealth Summit in London in April.
- It might be followed via twelve months’ mentoring by way of industry experts overseen by the Thomson Foundation – the world’s longest-installed media development agency.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Digital Challenge 2021
- Applicants have to be citizens of a Commonwealth member u . S ., with the exception of the UK.
- The contest is open to human beings aged 18 to 30 on the Contest Deadline, May 3.
- The organizers of the opposition may request documents to verify the age of the participant.
- The contest is open to people and organizations of up to three people.
All submissions and displays should be in English.
- The first judging will take location in the week of May 22, and applicants must be available for a webinar in the course of this week.
- The three organizations/people selected to take part inside the four-month mentorship ought to be capable of journey to the UK in November if they are the potential winners.
- The time table of virtual mentoring periods will be scheduled to the quantity viable at the benefit of all contributors, however will in the long run depend on the provision of the mentor.
- The very last winner might be requested in the UK in November. If the ride is not feasible during this era, the prize will visit the second most selected candidate or group.
First step: release
Participants may be invited to put up a 500-word assertion, in English, describing a piece of writing or technical problem faced by using newshounds and media companies within the Commonwealth, in addition to a capacity justification for how it may be handled. The usage of a cell software or virtual answer. The intention to expand. The announcement should be supported by using ONE of the subsequent:
- PowerPoint presentation (or similar) of up to six slides
- An audio document of up to 5 mins
- A video report of as much as five mins
- Candidates can be invited to download their video, audio or presentation slides on a document-sharing platform (eg Dropbox, Google Drive), so that it will be accessible to the jury thru a unmarried URL hyperlink.
Second step: First judgment
The jury may be composed of representatives of the Thomson Foundation, media companies and representatives of technological groups and universities. The basis of the preliminary lists the various original nominations could be selected with the aid of Thomson Foundation in collaboration with the judges, who will then pick six brief-listed applicants to continue to the next degree of the opposition.
- The six groups/people involved can be invited to offer a webinar in their thought to the Thomson Foundation and its institution of unbiased judges throughout the Commonwealth.
- This will include a detailed session of questions and solutions.
In the opinion of the judges, the pinnacle 3 performers will get hold of online help and mentorship over a 4-month duration.
Third step: Development
- The improvement duration, which includes digital tutoring, will take area from June 3 to September 27.
- During this time, several mentoring classes will be prepared. Mentoring will rely upon relevance for agencies, however might also include:
Mentoring will even include unfastened get entry to to the Thomson Foundation’s Journalism Now e-gaining knowledge of software.
The 3 competing competitors/groups will be invited to offer the progress in their thoughts during the last week of September, during the very last level of mentoring, and to a main panel of experts from the arena.
Fourth step: winner
The prevailing individual or institution can be invited to the UK in November, all charges paid and may be assisted in the development in their mobile application or virtual device.
- Entrants will be requested to publish a 400-phrase declaration, in English, outlining a specific project posed to their corporation, or media zone, in their u . S . A . Collectively with a capacity enterprise case for how it is able to be addressed.
- Twenty applicants might be invited to take three online modules in virtual abilities and newsroom management from the Thomson Foundation’s on-line “Journalism Now” software.
- The maximum successful of the 20, in the opinion of the judges, may be invited to spend every week’s in depth look at of UK media organizations in London, for the duration of Commonwealth Week 2021, observed by on line mentoring via Thomson Foundation consultants for 12 months.
- The winner will lead a virtual convention of the pinnacle 20 candidates and UK media mentors that specialize in how the media can react to the challenges thrown up with the aid of the subject of Commonwealth Week.
- Applicants need to submit their initial entry by means of middle of the night GMT on May third.
- The typical winner could be expected to spend the week in London. If s/he is not capable of achieve this, the prize will go to the second one most a success applicant.
Commonwealth Digital Challenge 2021 Application Deadline
Thomson Foundations’ Elizabeth R Media Fund: Commonwealth Digital Challenge In London utility closing date is third May, annually.
For More Information:
For any queries relating to your application for the Elizabeth R Media Fund Commonwealth Digital Challenge, please e-mail: [email protected]