Journalism is a diverse area of observe. There is an array of journalism internships for students ranging from careers in broadcasting for a radio or TV station to modifying for a newspaper or mag.
The satisfactory journalism internships are the paid ones. They offer treasured first-hand experience approximately the inroads of the journalism career in addition to money-making opportunities.
Therefore, this article could be dedicated to list the pleasant-paid journalism internship in 2021. Journalism college students will locate this text mainly beneficial because the internship will give them both experience and cash.
Table of Contents Hide
- What is a journalism internship?
- How to get a Paid Journalism Internship
- Are there paid journalism internships abroad?
- What is the revenue of paid Journalism internships?
- 15 Best Paid Journalism Internships.
- #1. NBC4/T44 DIGITAL INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021
- #2. CONTENT ANALYTICS INTERN, SUMMER 2021
- #three. WARNERMEDIA CNN DOCUMENTARY UNIT INTERN, SUMMER 2021
- #4. INTERNSHIP, CFR DIGITAL, PODCAST, SUMMER 2021
- #5. EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP AT THE NATION (SPRING)
- #6. DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN
- #7. RADIOLAB INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021 (REMOTE)
- #8. GOTHAMIST INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021 (REMOTE)
- #9. INTERNSHIP – PRODUCTION (ORIGINALS PRODUCTION), SUMMER 2021
- #10. WQXR INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021 (REMOTE)
- #11. BRIAN LEHRER SHOW INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021 (REMOTE)
- #12. DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION INTERN
- #13. INTERN, CONTENT PRODUCTION
- #14. SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN, BEE LOUD DIGITAL MARKETING
- #15. TELEMUNDO INTERNSHIP SUMMER 2021
What is a journalism internship?
A journalism internship is a (paid or unpaid) position with a media company, which can be a digital, print, or broadcasting firm.
Consequently, Journalism is the production and distribution of reports on events based totally on records and proof. It additionally applies to the career, in addition to citizen reporters who collect and publish those information.
Journalistic media encompass print, tv, radio, the Internet. These also double as a few locations to get a paid jurnalism internship.
Learn How To Become A Journalist.
How to get a Paid Journalism Internship
A extremely good internship can be one of the high-quality methods to jumpstart a glowing profession in journalism. Here are some hints on the way to land one of these.
You need to examine this: What Can You Do with a Journalism degree? Career & Salaries
Are there paid journalism internships overseas?
Yes. There are numerous possibilities for paid journalism and media internships everywhere in the global in places ranging from Latin America and Africa to Western Europe. You simplest have to scour through and pick out the one that you experience attunes in your profession hobbies. However, it’s far a ways easier to receives a commission internships in more economically advantaged countries, which includes in Europe.
What is the profits of paid Journalism internships?
The salary for the best-paid journalism internships varies by way of vicinity. However, many journalism internships in nations like the United States pay very well for access-stage interns, with salaries starting from $20,000 to over $forty,000 in keeping with yr.
15 Best Paid Journalism Internships.
#1. NBC4/T44 DIGITAL INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021
NBC is searching out interns to get concerned with the nitty-gritty of media production, along with writing, reporting, social media. Familiarity with the Washington, D. C., metropolitan area is a plus.
Location: Washington, DC. (Remote work).
Deadline: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through March 1st, 2021.
Pay: $23,000 – $33,000 a yr.
The basic requirement to use for this paid journalism internship is an partner, bachelors or graduate student of an permitted with a GPA of three.0 and above, and must be authorized to work within the United States with out visa sponsorship via NBCUniversal.
- Desired backgrounds consist of Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
- Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
- Ability to paintings correctly in a excessive-depth environment, often under a good deadline
- Strong written and oral verbal exchange capabilities
- Attention to detail and robust organizational competencies
- Spanish language competencies a plus
#2. CONTENT ANALYTICS INTERN, SUMMER 2021
BuzzFeed, America’s biggest impartial virtual media enterprise, seeks interns to join their content material analytics crew in the summer season. It is an ideal role for media interns who’ve a love for media and statistics. SQL and Python/R will often be used, but applicants with out previous revel in who are inclined are endorsed to apply.
Location: Remote. Approved faraway work places encompass the subsequent states – California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington.
Pay: $37,000 – $50,000 a yr.
The applicant for this paid journalism internship need to be legal to work in the US and be graduating in 2021 or later.
#three. WARNERMEDIA CNN DOCUMENTARY UNIT INTERN, SUMMER 2021
Warner Media, proprietors of CNN, provide an opportunity for journalistic interns to paintings in a dynamic and fast-paced unit together with skilled documentary newshounds.
Location: LA, California.
Pay: $41,000 – $54,000 a year.
This paid journalism internship prefers students who most important in Film and television or journalism, and validated hobby in journalism and modern affairs as well as basic studies abilities.
#4. INTERNSHIP, CFR DIGITAL, PODCAST, SUMMER 2021
The Committee on Foreign Relations (CFR) offers paid journalism internships and schooling in overseas policy, studies, writing, and software making plans to qualified candidates. It is on a totally digital basis.
Location: New York, New York. (Remote work).
Pay: $33,000 – $forty four,000 a year.
- Undergraduate or graduate student focusing on journalism, global relations, or associated discipline
- Strong research and writing abilities
- Previous journalism, internet, multimedia revel in a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google
#five. EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP AT THE NATION (SPRING)
For extra than three decades The Nation Institute, along side The Nation magazine, has supplied an internship software for early-profession newshounds interested in journalism and publishing.
Location: New York City
Pay: $18 consistent with hour, $630 in line with week
Deadline: April 12 for summer time/fall
Compensation and Credit: Interns are paid $18 in step with hour, $630 according to week.
Applicants must publish the following:
- A cowl letter that explains why you need to work for The Nation. Please point out Nation writers you comply with and/or Nation portions you’ve loved.
- A resume.
- Two letters of advice with touch records for the referees covered.
- Letters can be emailed without delay via recommenders to Miguel Salazar at [email protected] or uploaded with the rest of your software substances.
- Answers to the software questions.
#6. DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN
LevelTen is releasing our subsequent era analytics platform, Intelligence, for WordPress. They are looking for up-and-coming digital marketers to help boost up our increase. This activity could be a great for a person to research the ins and outs of virtual advertising which include content material improvement, increase hacking, social outreach, search engine marketing and of direction, internet analytics.
Location: Mix of far flung and co-operating in Dallas region
Pay: $10 – $12 according to hour.
This paid journalism internship is for those who are passionate about on-line advertising and marketing is more vital than any type of revel in. They have to have robust writing abilities. Video and pix manufacturing capabilities a plus.
Additionally, a few college credit in advertising, journalism, literature, English, media, statistics technology or associated most important.
#7. RADIOLAB INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021 (REMOTE)
For the Summer of 2021, Radiolab is searching out a wildly curious, self-beginning intern to enroll in their group at the same time as we keep to paintings remotely. The internship can be 35 hours in keeping with week.
Location: New York, NY
Pay: $forty four,000 – $fifty five,000 a 12 months
- Any scholar (undergraduate or graduate) or person who has graduated no greater than 12 months previous to the start of the internship duration to which he/she is making use of.
- In order to be eligible, you have to be authorized to paintings in the United States and ought to be running from one of the following places at the same time as working for NYPR: CA, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, MI, NH, NJ, NM, NY, PA, WI, Washington DC.
#eight. GOTHAMIST INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021 (REMOTE)
Gothamist is looking for self-starting interns to join their group at the same time as they retain to work remotely during the summer time consultation.
Interns at NYPR are given a sturdy internship application with hands-on responsibilities. Gothamist is a news and way of life internet site about New York City that’s been in online publication in view that 2003 and is a separate web page under the NYPR umbrella now.
Location: New York City, NY.
Pay: $45,000 – $63,000 a year
This exceptional-paid journalism internship requires students in their junior or senior years. They don’t require college students enrolled in a journalism/media research application, although preference is often given to students who are looking to make a career in media upon commencement.
Read: 17 Best Film Internship Position in 2021 – World Scholarship …
#9. INTERNSHIP – PRODUCTION (ORIGINALS PRODUCTION), SUMMER 2021
Description: This software offers you, because the intern, the opportunity to emerge as without delay worried in the daily activities inside the Production branch at Zuffa LLC. They strive to make your internship enjoy difficult and exciting and make every attempt to tailor it to your unique profession aspirations.
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Pay: $24,000 – $32,000 a yr
- Must be presently enrolled in an academic program directly regarding the location; Television, Film, Communication, or Journalism Majors; Junior, Senior, or Graduate-stage favored.
- Willingness to study and boost production expertise and skills.
- Proficient in Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Comfortable the usage of Mac-based products; expertise of primary computer packages and a willingness to utilize and study new applications.
- Sharp awareness, self-prompted, and driven personality.
- Ability to take ownership of delegated work and tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
#10. WQXR INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021 (REMOTE)
Description: WQXR is searching out a self-starting intern to join their group even as They hold to paintings remotely at some stage in the summer session.
They will rotate through all WQXR departments which includes on-air programming and digital and on-call for content material.
Some of the abilities they’ll acquire encompass writing and editorial revel in, CMS and web content publishing, social media coordination, track programming in supporting their crew with tune choice and database management, and the capability for assisting with fundamental audio and video editing.
Pay: $forty four,000 – $55,000 a yr
Any student (undergraduate or graduate) or person who has graduated no extra than one year previous to the start of the internship length to which he/she is making use of.
#11. BRIAN LEHRER SHOW INTERNSHIP, SUMMER 2021 (REMOTE)
Description: The Brian Lehrer Show is seeking out self-starting interns to enroll in their group while they preserve to work remotely.
Interns at NYPR are given a strong internship program with fingers-on obligations.
Location: New York City, New York.
Pay: $seventy five,000 – $98,000 a 12 months.
This paid journalsim internship has those requirements:
- Some journalism and workplace experience
- Highly encouraged self-starters who can work in an surroundings of stay news radio.
- Applicants who’re privy to information and political views in New York and past.
- Website manufacturing talents are a great addition; please be aware them to your cowl letter.
#12. DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION INTERN
Marquee Sports Network is seeking a Digital Media Production Intern for his or her regional sports community.
This paid internship will offer the possibility to both research new talents and demonstrate your skills to publish content to their website and app and paintings with a team of video manufacturers, editors, writers, and internet site managers.
Location: Chicago, IL
Pay: $25,000 – $34,000 a 12 months
This pleasant paid journalsim internship is for current college students who’ve the subsequent qualifications:
- Prior enjoy or coursework centered on multimedia journalism, student tv, internet site publishing, and video editing
- Limited experience with WordPress or another CMS
- Prior enjoy editing sports activities-related video content material
- Excellent written and oral communique capabilities; previous sports writing enjoy a plus
- Strong interest to element with the ability to provide first-rate content material
- Ability to help in executing editorial and innovative choices below supervision
- Passionate about sports activities with widespread understanding of baseball
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Openness to feedback and the potential to receive comments from others and apply it to the work
- High productivity when operating independently and while collaborating with others
- Ability to work nights and weekends
#thirteen. INTERN, CONTENT PRODUCTION
Cheetah Mobile is presently growing Live.Me workplace in Los Angeles to attention on growing audiences and building brands for their suite of content material and way of life packages. The Intern, Content Production position may be answerable for preproduction desires for weekly content material within the shape of stay pronounces, quick movies, and YouTube movies.
Location: LA, California.
Pay: $27,000 – $37,000 a 12 months
- Pursuing a passion in a relevant field (Communications, Film, Mass Media Studies, Broadcast Journalism, and so on.)
- Self-encouraged with a strong paintings ethic
- Detail-orientated and relatively organized
- Ability to stability more than one projects with conflicting priorities
- Passionate about virtual production / video production/ advertisements
- Proficient with Mac computer systems and own a fundamental know-how of the pre-production procedure
- Available 20 hours per week.
Innisfree Hotels is presently trying to find gifted and encouraged Social Media interns. Ideal applicants must have a robust hobby in digital advertising, content material advent, analytics and the hospitality industry.
Location: Gulfbreeze, FL
Pay: $20,000 – $26,000 a 12 months
The necessities for this high-quality paid journalism internship are:
- College junior or senior pursuing undergrad diploma in Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Hospitality, Food and Beverage Marketing, Journalism or a related area
- Strong written and visual verbal exchange abilties.
- Desire to work on a quick-paced, collaborative crew.
- Creative, element-orientated character.
- Ability to take course and meet cut-off dates.
- Experience with photograph layout equipment which include Adobe Creative Cloud or Canva is preferred.
- Proficiency with Google Drive is required.
- Experience with predominant social media platforms which include Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with a sturdy interest in keeping up with trends.
- Availability to paintings 20 hours in line with week, with the power to paintings across the class agenda.
This may be beneficial in the course of your software: Cover Letter for Internship That Won searching out college sophomores or hires as interns to paintings in various factors of the news production and distribution technique, together with Corporate (HR, Legal, Corporate Communications, Corporate Strategy), Digital & Mobile Marketing & Ad Sales, News/Journalism, PR/Communications, TV/Film Production, Programming & Development, technology (Computer Science, Engineering, IT & Operations), Web & Graphic Design, Accounting & Finance.
Applicants need to have a CGPA of at least 3.0 to use.
Pay: $32,000 – $42,000 a year.
Program Dates: June seventh, 2021 – August 13th, 2021 (10 weeks)
As lengthy as news is being said round the sector, there’ll always be possibilities for internships. Keeping portfolio strong and relevant will assist you are taking gain of this flux of possibility.
We hope you may follow for these high-quality paid journalism internships for the best internship revel in.