The Because I love you a scholarship is a poetry scholarship backed by using the One Love Foundation.
The One Love Foundation has invited suitable poets to make programs for the Because I Love You Scholarship Slam.
Anyone who may be attending college or university inside the U.S. is welcome to use. Applicants should be maximum 25 years of age. Entries need to be acquired by November.
“Everyone deserves to have healthful relationships — whether or not it’s with a significant other or a pal. Healthy relationships are ones that bring out the exceptional in you. They build you up, now not convey you down.
But many times, we aren’t taught approximately the signs and symptoms of a wholesome courting vs. An unhealthy relationship. And the words “Because I Love You” can turn from endearing to manipulative (ex. Because I love you…you ought to bail in your buddies / supply me all your passwords). So we’re curious to recognise…” – Power Poetry.
The goal of the scholarship is to recognise what the connection behaviors the applicants believe to be the cornerstones to a wholesome, happy courting. Whether it’s miles open verbal exchange, having agree with on your good sized other or friend, having the ability, to be honest with each different or displaying recognize or compassion.
It also asks the question “How has your existence been impacted with the aid of healthful or bad relationships?” You are required to kingdom in a poem what healthy relationship behaviors are maximum critical to you and what the words #BecauseILoveYou ought to really imply.
The winner can be introduced 3 to five months after the scholarship has ended—commonly there are extra than 5,000 entries according to Scholarship Slam!
When a choice has been, the winner might be contacted, the prevailing entry will be highlighted on their authentic website, an assertion could be made on Facebook and Twitter, and an e-mail might be sent.
Level/Field of Study:
To be Eligible you have to be enrolled into any College or University and High college in any subject of study
The Scholarship is hosted inside the United States of America
Winners of the Because I Love you Scholarship pass domestic with $1,000 every and other prizes too.
You have to be 25 years or younger and a contemporary or former student who will attend or is attending college within the United States
No restrictions (simply meet the above necessities)
The preceding one is closed however maintains checking using the link beneath.
Click right here to apply
Some Frequently Asked Questions About The Because I Love You Scholarship and Answers
- How vintage does one want to be to enter? You have to be among thirteen and 25 years old on the time of submission/entry.
- Do I necessarily need to be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible? No, however you have to have attended or been attending excessive college in the United States. If you’re already in college, you ought to be enrolled in a United States university.
- If I’m now not in college yet, will the scholarship be withheld until I go to university? Yes, your scholarship will now not be offered until you join in college.
- I’m already a graduate scholar (or might be a graduate student quickly). Can I nevertheless observe? Yes! Graduate college students are welcome to use, so long as they’re underneath age 25 at the time of submission.
- Can I use profanities while writing my poem? There are no language regulations on Power Poetry (such as profanities) for its scholarship slams, or otherwise.
- Can I publish a poem in a overseas language? Yes, you could, as long as you consist of an English (translated) version.
- How many poems can I put up to scholarship slams right now? Just Each user can best put up one poem for each scholarship slam. And if it is found out that you submitted a couple of, you’ll be disqualified from the contest. (However, you could put up as many poems as you’d like on their website)
- Can I submit a poem I’ve already written on Power Poetry or a poem that’s been published some other place? You are allowed to use a poem you have got already written (on Power Poetry and somewhere else), but it’s far superior for poets to demonstrate trade and boom through filing new or up to date works.
- Are there a minimum (or most) range of words I need in my poem to apply for a scholarship? No! Just make certain your poem is properly developed and prepared and that you’re content material with it.
- My poem’s line breaks aren’t displaying up. How do I separate the lines? You need to use Mozilla or Google Chrome. If you’re nonetheless having problems, try pasting your poem into a software that removes MSWord formatting (like TextWrangler or Notepad).
- How will the winner be picked? The most fascinating poem may be picked because the winner. You can click on right here to look some of the past winners from previous Because I Love You Scholarship
- What happens if I win, but I don’t recognise in which I’m going to college but? The money can be withheld until you enroll in university–and will be sent it as soon as you’ve got evidence of enrollment.
- When and how will you announce the winner? Winners will be announced three to 5 months after the scholarship has ended—the Because I Love You Scholarship generally has greater than 5,000 entries consistent with Scholarship Slam! When the organizers have made their decision, they’ll touch the winner, highlight the triumphing access on their web page, make an announcement on their Facebook and Twitter, and send out an assertion e mail to the winner.
- Who owns the poems I put up on PowerPoetry.Org?The Poems you put up are yours as they’ll be credited to you.
- Can I publish my poem to PowerPoetry.Organd some other internet site? Yes, you may! However it is going to be checked for plagiarism, so be sure to inform it in the remarks phase. If some thing looks bizarre, you will be reached out to you for more statistics.
- Does my poem want to include an photograph or video? No, not until you have been in particular requested to do so inside the scholarship slam description. However, you’re recommended to combine multimedia with your poetry. Poems are not just intended to be study, you already know!