If we are to make a listing of the first-class institutions within the global, the American University in Cairo (AUC) will actually be a few of the first one thousand if no longer the primary hundred.
AUC is ranked globally through pinnacle courses like the QS world scores and also ranked some of the top universities in Africa in step with the maximum famous global college ratings. Now you understand why the faculty is very aggressive.
If you’re searching for admission into AUC, you need to find out about the training, mode of software, and other important facts approximately the college. This will help you advantage self belief and consequently make your admission system easy and fast.
About American University Of Cairo
The American University in Cairo (AUC) is an impartial, now not-for-profit, English language, personal, research college in Cairo, Egypt.
The university gives American-fashion getting to know packages at the undergraduate, graduate, and expert levels, in conjunction with a continuing training software.
AUC has over 5,474 undergraduates with an extra 979 graduate scholar enrollment.
Why You Should Attend American University Of Cairo
The American University of Cairo is an brilliant vacation spot for observe abroad applications. The college affords pleasant training packages, taught by way of experts in a dynamic method.
AUC is devoted to the pursuit of excellence in innovative expression that addresses crucial problems and questions going through our society.
The college is loaded with experienced staff and additionally has the modern technology for students to gain understanding and experience preparing them for a better degree or access-degree task. By attending AUC, you will get hold of a advanced training at an affordable price.
If you’re in doubt or sense AUC is overvalued, study the subsequent critiques and testimonials from past college students of the faculty. Source: iagora.Com
- “The American University in Cairo furnished me with a high-general stage of education. For the maximum component, the professors are exceedingly gifted, in particular in the humanities guides that I specifically focused on. The journalism courses are outstanding and it without a doubt broadened my horizons.”
- “I attended the college’s vintage campus, however, the brand new campus is a sight to peer! It is a large campus with many services for students reading there.”
- “Good school, fantastic surroundings. But it’s now not for anybody. You need to have already got a backbone specially in case you are a woman and be capable of tolerate pretty much something because it’s loopy once in a while. There are local environmental issues inclusive of harassment and dirt that it takes time to get used to. You may walk down the road and spot at least 5 lifeless cats or rodents and no one disposes of this stuff. So, you have to get used to being in a third international united states. Bugs are a massive fact as well as nasty guys on the road groping you. But with all that going on you still manipulate to have a super time.”
- “I might enormously propose this college to anyone coming to Cairo from abroad to take a look at and examine Arabic at the equal time!”
- “Go, due to the fact that is the maximum American-pleasant university inside the city- because English is broadly spoken and every body is very WESTERN! But, as I said, AUC will now not always be searching after your first-class interests. Be in touch together with your embassy and if something takes place, have your embassy assist- DO NOT allow AUC boss you AROUND AND “TAKE CARE” of you- your embassy will help you. The International Student Office is a joke… but Cairo is an great town and no troubles I had with AUC should taint my time in CAIRO!”
Is AUC Accredited?
Accreditation is an vital element to recollect before making use of for admission into a university. It helps determine if an institution meets or exceeds minimal pleasant requirements.
The American University of Cairo holds institutional accreditation from the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools inside the United States.
AUC’s engineering programs are approved through ABET (previously Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) and the commercial enterprise applications are accredited via the Association to Advance College Schools of Business (AACSB).
AUC offers a extensive style of diploma and certificates applications and contains of 5 faculties which consist of:
- Global Affairs and Public Policy
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sciences and Engineering
- Graduate School of Education.
The college’s English-language liberal arts environment is designed to sell essential thinking, language, and cultural abilties as well as to foster in students an appreciation of their personal culture and historical past and their obligations towards society.
American University of Cairo awards undergraduate degrees, grasp’s tiers, doctoral degrees, and graduate diplomas.
- Bachelor Business and Entrepreneurship (B.B.E.)
- Business in Finance (B.B.F.)
- Business in Marketing (B.B.M.)
- Bachelor of Musical Arts (B.M.A.)
- Bachelor of Science
- Dual Degree Programs
- Other Courses of Study
- Master in Computing (M. Comp.)
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Dual Degree Programs
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Global Affairs
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Global Public Health
- Master of International Management/CEMS (MIM/CEMS)
- (LL.M.) Master of Laws in International and Comparative Law
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma
- Master of Science
- Other Courses of Study
Doctorate Of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Applied Sciences, with specializations in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Global Public Health and Nanotechnology (Ph.D.)
- Engineering, with specializations in Construction Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, Control & Smart Systems (Ph.D.)
American University Of Cairo Admission Application
To be considered for admission into AUC, you have to distinguish yourself in a meaningful way and display sizable educational performance. You need to display evidence of your personal achievements outdoor the lecture room, as demonstrated by way of sustained participation, commitment, and management in school and network sports. As a pupil at AUC, you may pick out from 38 undergraduate programs.
How Much Is American University Of Cairo Tuition?
The value of enrolling on the American University of Cairo varies consistent with the program. Tuition and fees are amassed each semester. The training and rate precis for the yr 2020-2021 is as follows:
- The tuition price is based on a flat price of $647 for Egyptian students per credit score hour and $735 for international students consistent with credit hour.
- For ELI, Egyptian students pays $7,764 while international college students pays $8,820.
- Tuition charges at AUC are expressed in US dollars.
- Tuition and expenses for Egyptian students can be paid in Egyptian pounds according to CIB trade price at the day of price. Tuition and expenses for global college students have to be paid in US bucks.
- Tuition and charges are accumulated each semester. No student with an terrific bill (which include fees for breakage or library fines) may be admitted to any examination, given any certificate or file of instructional standing, or be authorised to sign up for a next semester.
The graduate training price is built on a flat price based at the category of graduate packages. The following are the graduate lessons prices in step with semester for the academic 12 months 2020 – 2021 for brand new and present day students
- Egyptian college students enrolled in all majors: the flat charge is $579 in step with credit score hour.
- Egyptian students enrolled in MBA and LLM: the flat rate is $677 consistent with credit hour.
- International college students: the flat fee is $735 per credit score hour.
- ELI, Egyptian college students enrolled in all majors, MBA and LLM pays $3,474 while ELI international college students pays $four,410
- Tuition and prices for Egyptian college students can be paid in Egyptian pounds in line with CIB exchange charge on the day of payment. Tuition and fees for global students ought to be paid in US bucks.
- Tuition and costs are gathered every semester. No pupil with an splendid bill (such as charges for breakage or library fines) might be admitted to any examination, given any certificates or record of academic standing, or be authorised to sign up for a next semester.
The following are the non-degree training prices consistent with semester for the academic yr 2020 – 2021:
The tuition rate is based totally on a flat price of $647 for Egyptian college students per credit score hour and $735 for international college students in keeping with credit score hour.
Tuition and costs for Egyptian students can be paid in Egyptian pounds in line with CIB trade fee on the day of price. Tuition and fees for global students have to be paid in US greenbacks.
AUC offers economic assistance in the form of scholarships to college students primarily based on benefit and want. Students with special qualifications, consisting of academic, athletic, or inventive skills and who demonstrate excessive monetary need compete for those scholarships. AUC also gives scholarships for undergraduate and graduate examine abroad students.
There are greater than 90 named scholarships supported by way of people and corporations. These funds from prestigious donors have allowed AUC to recruit and educate first-rate and eligible students coming from specific cities, nations, and educational backgrounds.
American University Of Cairo Rankings
Actually, while it comes to school ranking, there are many things to don’t forget especially earlier than it is made professional. According to the news, colleges are ranked on their overall performance on state-required assessments, graduation, and the way well they put together students for university.
- Ten AUC graduate applications had been ranked the various pinnacle in Africa and high-quality 200 international in Eduniversal’s Best Master’s Rankings for 2015 – 2016
- AUC is ranked 411th university globally and 9th in the “Arab Region” with the aid of QS World University Rankings of their 2021 ranking
- AUC positioned eighty one out of 407 institutions worldwide within the Universitas Indonesia (UI) GreenMetric World University Ranking for 2015 – 2016
Who Are The Notable Alumni Of The American University Of Cairo?
Below is a list of Notable Alumni of the American University Cairo. Source: Wikipedia.Org
- Ahmed EL-Ghandour, Researcher and content material author (Founder of EL-Da7ee7)
- Aida el Ayoubi, singer, songwriter, and guitarist.
- Amr Waked, actor
- Anne Aly, Australian political student, educational, and counter-terrorism expert.
- Anthony Shadid, Foreign correspondent for The New York Times; Best-Selling Author and Two-Time Pulitzer Prize Winner.
- Asser Yassin, (BSME) Egyptian actor
- Ben Wedeman, senior international correspondent, CNN
- Dan Stoenescu, Romanian minister, diplomat, political scientist, and journalist
- David M. Malone, a Canadian diplomat
- Devin J. Stewart, professor at Emory University
- Haifa Al-Mansour, Saudi Arabia’s first female filmmaker
- Hassan Abdalla, CEO and Vice Chairman of Arab African International Bank.
- Hisham Abbas, (ME) singer
- Nadeen Ashraf, feminist activist
- John O. Brennan, Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
- Juan Cole, American student, public highbrow, and historian of the cutting-edge Middle East and South Asia. Currently Richard P. Mitchell Collegiate Professor of History on the University of Michigan.
- Khaled al-Qazzaz activist, educator, a former civil servant in Egypt
- Khaled Bichara, CEO of Orascom Telecom and founding father of LinkdotNet
- Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, president of the Maldives from 1978 to 2008
- Maya Morsy, head of Egypt’s National Council for Women
- Melanie Craft, romance novelist, Larry Ellison’s Wife (Oracle Corporation CEO)
- Mona El-Shazly, Egyptian communicate show host
- Mona Eltahawy, journalist
- Muin Bseiso, poet and activist
- Nabil Fahmi, Ex Egyptian foreign minister
- Nicholas Kristof, Op-Ed Columnist, The New York Times; Best-Selling Author and Two-Time Pulitzer Prize Winner.
- Noha Radwan, professor of Arabic literature at the University of California, Davis
- Omar Samra, first Egyptian to climb Mount Everest
- Rana al-Tonsi, poet
- Rana el Kaliouby, Research Scientist at MIT Media Lab and Founder of Affectiva
- Rania al Abdullah, queen of Jordan.
- Yosri Fouda, editor and host/presenter on Akher Kalam, a speak display on ONTV
- Thomas Friedman, Op-Ed Columnist, The New York Times; Best-Selling Author and Three-Time Pulitzer Prize Winner.
- Yousef Gamal El-Din, anchor, Bloomberg Television
- Yuriko Koike, former Japanese Minister of Defense and primary lady governor of Tokyo
- Yussef El Guindi, playwright
- Notable professors
- Galal Amin, Egyptian economist, and commentator
- Aliaa Bassiouny, professor and chair of the Finance branch
- Emma Bonino, former Commissioner of the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO)
- Shems Friedlander, emeritus professor and Sufi grasp
- Graham Harman, a present day truth seeker of metaphysics
- Salima Ikram, leading Egyptologist and expert on animal mummies
- Jehane Ragai, a leading chemist
- Kent Weeks, main Egyptologist, released the Theban Mapping Project, which located the identification and considerable dimensions of KV5, the tomb of the sons of Rameses II in the Valley of the Kings
- Lawrence Wright, Pulitzer Prize-prevailing journalist, and author
Being a scholar at the American University of Cairo means you have got an amazing breadth to examine and become a change-maker. The school assumes a essential part in college students’ improvement and development preparing them for a bigger duty. If you’re certain AUC is the right faculty for you, then, go browsing to the college’s official internet site www.Aucegypt.Edu and follow.